RE: Re: Lunars and Slavery

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:05:12 -0700

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> A good, highly religious Lunar is ALREADY enslaved - to his god. He
> will be freed when he proves his worth - when he reaches some level of
> devotion or worthiness I personally don't care about, so long as it's
> not achieved during play...

If you want a RW analogy: When I was initiated into my own theistic cult (Eastern Orthodox Christianity), I was explicitly and literally proclaimed a slave of my God. My hair was even symbolically cut, recalling the Greek custom of cutting off a slave's hair.

Like the man said, "It may be the Devil, and it may be the Lord, but y'know, y'gotta serve somebody..."