RE: Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: Dano <doggydan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:38:45 +0100

> As for the rest, we're getting nowhere. Nobody has remotely
> explained (to me) a Lunar Religious Philosophy (you know, the one
> supposedly about LIBERATION) that is actually pro-slavery.

Well, yes they do believe in liberation. But they believe in SELF liberation.

I always thought it strange that considering they are waiting for the coming of the White Moon, they do a damn good job of suppressing it. Why?
Then it occurred to me that they have to suppress it. The White Moon will arise when it's ready. So, if they can suppress it, it obviously isn't ready yet.
The Lunar Empire is the egg shell, when it is ready the New Moon will hatch.

I think this philosophy pervades the Empire. When you are ready you will be free. But until then you are a child i.e. you have no rights. Your masters are you spiritual parents, so you do what your told until you grow up.

Or something ;-)

Dan B