Re: Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:36:52 +0100

>And citing p109 as a reference of CoP is useless, cause that's the
>exact line I'm questioning!

The citation was made because you asked where this line was in cults of prax.

>As for the rest, we're getting nowhere. Nobody has remotely
>explained (to me) a Lunar Religious Philosophy (you know, the one
>supposedly about LIBERATION) that is actually pro-slavery.

The lunar philosophy is so broad that it can be used to justify just about anything. The seven mothers alone contains the cult of Danfive Xaron, whose worshippers willingly enslave themselves to the cult in return for a chance at personal redemption and liberation. (The alternative of being put nastily to death may have something to do with this...)

>If you guys want the Evil Lunars to have religious philosophy that
>is pro-slavery, not pro-liberation, while their Char-Un atrocity
>troops sin against the Universe and turn into broos before our very
>eyes, go ahead and fuck with Glorantha all you want. Next time draw
>Kallyr with a halo and Argrath with a white hat.

When the lunars being pro-slavery is supported by a quote some twenty three years old, I fail to see how this is "messing with Glorantha".

At the end of the day why are you so upset that the rules applied to every other Gloranthan society also apply to the Lunars? i.e. All societies are contradictory, use spurious arguments to justify behaviour that at first glance would be incompatible with their philosophy, do not live up to their ideals, and are, in essence, human.

Or have you not noticed that, for instance, the Orlanthi, who are supposed to value movement, freedom, and change above all else, are the most hide-bound conservative traditionalists imaginable?

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson