Re[2]: How Nasty Is A Trickster?

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:53:24 +0200

Hello Greg,

GS> At 08:15 PM 9/22/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>I'm curious now - how you would handle the resulting situation:

>>how nasty is a trickster?

GS> As nasty as he can be and get away with it.

so it comes to a point where the trickster will have to ponder what his victims are allowed/expected to do to him if he reveals their secret.
if they are not allowed to kill him, he gladly will do so, otherwise he will stick to minor nuisances...(?)

>>would your-average-eurmali let pass an opportunity to spread 'chaos' and

GS> I see no chaos in his actions here.

sorry, but I couldn't find better fitting expressions, but when I now think of it 'disorder' would have been the better choice.

>>uneasiness?

GS> 100%. It is his job to cause trouble.

>>what 'counter-measures' are legal for HIM to prevent the uncoverage?

GS> What the heck is a Eurmali doing there anyway? How come he hasn't been
GS> lynched yet?
GS> The usual behavior for Tricksters is to betray, and the usual behavior of
GS> ALL NORMAL HEORTLINGS is to hang them before they cause trouble.

the trickster in my story in bond to the chieftain. because of this I didn't expect the clanpeople to hang him at first sight.
on the other hand, of course I could have missed something about the role of trickster. I checked Storm Tribe, though.

--
Best regards,
 Stefan                            mailto:stefan.drawert_at_...