RE: theme music

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:33:20 +0100

Keith writes:

> The essence of an Extended contest is that the guy with the most AP
> is winning and, in a movie, gets all the background music.

Huzzah!

> Is this a really corny bad idea?

Yes.

> If answer is yes, should I try it anyway?

Certainly! (FWIW, it's actually related to something I've discussed [as a concept rather than implementation] with Greg at conventions - NPCs with sufficient Mastery levels get close-ups, camera time, and eventually their own theme music).

> What tune would you use for your character, and why?

I'm v. old-skool, and would probably go for an "Indiana Jones" fanfare, regardless of situation... you can't go wrong with the Joneses! (Though I'm sure Sir Ethilrist goes for Carmina Burana -- "O Fortuna" was written for the Black Horse Troop's ride past).

Cheers, Nick