Re[2]: Which book(s) and when ?

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:43:13 +0200

>>"... We have the time, resources, and need to release at least one
>>book in time for Christmas ; HeroQuest will be published after
>>Christmas."

> At this point we are shooting to release HQ at GloranthaaCon Toronto. We
> think we can actually make that deadline, and it will be a great
> celebration if we can get the two to work together.
> No promises.

I'd like to opt for as many releases as possible.

first, releases will cause enough buzz to keep people interested and campaigns going.

second, HW/HQ is still lacking a detailed campaign setting - the Kerofinela gazeteer should even that out. personally I find this most important for newcomers.
[Although Ian Cooper's 'In Wintertop's Shadow' is great for these needs, I still believe that newbies need to have such a book done by the main publisher, for they won't know all the Gloranthan fan-publications]

third, the Lunar book will attract those again who are 'done' with those Orlanthi.

finally, many books will compensate for the delay of the second edition/HeroQuest, and the Hero's Book will give a teaser of the rules and makes it possible to softly adjust ongoing campaigns 'til HQ will be out.

--
mit ruhiger Hand,
 Stefan                            mailto:stefan.drawert_at_...