Re: Re: Which book(s) and when ?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:43:58 +0100

Kevin P. McDonald wrote:

> Since the wait for HQ is going to be around five
> months or more, I would personally consider getting an advanced look at
> the rules [in the Heroes Book] to be very helpful.

So I thought, and then I considered what would happen if the Heroes Book were published and then Hero Quest were published with incompatible rules. Even small difference could look bad, I think. Us die-hards wouldn't care, but what would a newbie think? They buy a book that claims to have all the rules they need, and then discover that it doesn't (because they need to make amendments based on the Hero Quest book).

Could a case could be made for delaying the Heroes Book until after the Hero Quest rules are published?