Re: Third Age Brightness of Yelm?

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:42:13 +0200

Gian writes
>> Yes, this was Daysenerus, the cult of which was
>> killed during the Gbaji
>> Wars.
>
>nearly destroyed when Arkat killed his worshippers and
>sacked his temples, IMO. If the cult had been
>effectively and entirely "killed" (i.e.
>forgotten/replaced), IMO, then we could not have a
>Tharkanthus/Yelmalio in the Empire Age which,according
>to Greg, strated from the relics of Daysenerus (both
>material and lore relics, IMO)

I mean "orlanthi" killed, i.e. about 85% of the cult was wiped out. :-)

>> >Probably many remnants of Yelmalio proto-cults were
>> >present in the second-age Genertela Barbarian belt
>> >cultures (after Arkat destroyed *nearly* all of
>> >Palangio and Loko empire), not just in southern
>> >Peloria.
>>
>> According to the Yelmalio Q&A, Yelmalio was
>> discovered and established
>> during the second age. He became popular with and
>> through the EWF.
>
>Yelmalio, yes. Proto-Yelmalio (Daysenerus), not. As in
>the case of post-Daysenerus=Yelmalio of the EWF, you
>could postulate another post-Daysenerus=Yelmalio of
>another region (I suggest Kethaela or Ralios)

Ah, OK. Now i think i see what you mean. Well, since the place of interest for me is southern peloria, i don't think those Daysenerus-remnants would be of much importance, given the discovery of second age Yelmalio in that region.

>> I want to know if the lunars, since the resettlement
>> of Dragon Pass, could
>> have introduced some empire-approved alternative to
>> Elmal before Monrogh's
>> revelation of Yelmalio?
>
>Nulla osta to this option, IMHO. It merely makes the
>theo-politics of Dragon Pass a bit more complicated
>than they already are :-)

I want my theo-politics as complicated as possible :-). It gives rise to both strange alliances and equally strange conflicts.