Re: Third Age Brightness of Yelm?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:38:16 -0700 (PDT)

nearly destroyed when Arkat killed his worshippers and sacked his temples, IMO. If the cult had been effectively and entirely "killed" (i.e.
forgotten/replaced), IMO, then we could not have a Tharkanthus/Yelmalio in the Empire Age which,according to Greg, strated from the relics of Daysenerus (both material and lore relics, IMO)

> >Probably many remnants of Yelmalio proto-cults were
> >present in the second-age Genertela Barbarian belt
> >cultures (after Arkat destroyed *nearly* all of
> >Palangio and Loko empire), not just in southern
> >Peloria.
>
> According to the Yelmalio Q&A, Yelmalio was
> discovered and established
> during the second age. He became popular with and
> through the EWF.

Yelmalio, yes. Proto-Yelmalio (Daysenerus), not. As in the case of post-Daysenerus=Yelmalio of the EWF, you could postulate another post-Daysenerus=Yelmalio of another region (I suggest Kethaela or Ralios)

> Yes, Yelmalio came to Votankiland with Balazar
> before the Dragonkill. My
> question asks whether worship of Yelmalio spread
> from Balazar back to
> AFTER the Dragonkill.

I don't know, but IMO it's not the only possibility that needs to be taken in account.

> True, of course. What i meant was if a cult of
> another Brightness of Yelm
> replaced Yelmalio after the Dragonkill.

Where? Probably many slightly or broadly different cults according to the local/different memories of stratified Daysenerus-Tharkantus-Yelmalio mythologies.

> This is an option i hadn't thought about. Might the
> cult of Yelmalio have
> re-established itself in southern Peloria from
> surviving remnants in
> Ralios, Maniria or Prax?

why not, if we assume a sole common origin (Daysenerus of the Dawn age).

> I want to know if the lunars, since the resettlement
> of Dragon Pass, could
> have introduced some empire-approved alternative to
> Elmal before Monrogh's
> revelation of Yelmalio?

Nulla osta to this option, IMHO. It merely makes the theo-politics of Dragon Pass a bit more complicated than they already are :-)

Gian

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com