Re: Re: Storm Bull and Urox

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:10:15 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't see where you are getting your 'facts' from.
> There are plenty of
> examples of the Celestial Court era beings
> reproducing alone - Mostal,
> Uleria, and Ratslaf all produce races of
> demi-divinities alone. This is

Still no great gods are generated by (single) celestial beings. Also you must admit that SB is apparently an hybrid: a winged Bull and he can be reached both through theistic and animistic means. He _is_ an anomaly. Greg said that clearly. I repeat: anyone can see this anomaly as being due to different causes. I like to see it due to his mixed parentage. You (and John) like to see it due to something else. A matter of preferences.

> also not unknown amongst the Storm tribe - Babs Gor
> springing fully formed
> from her mother's body, for example.

is not Baby from the Earth Tribe? She is a good Gloranthan counterpart of Athena, I agree, but I said Storm/Celestial Pantheons. Check above.
Yes the Earth tribe is part of the heortling and Praxian mythology, but _Umath_ is a Storm/Celestial Court Being so Babs example is irrelevant, IMO.

> Personally, I like John's idea. Not sure if it's
> true, but I like it. I
> certainly wouldn't want to dismiss it by a mistaken
> appeal to logic.

Mistaken is not, IMO. But as I wrote, YGMV. I'm not stating a "canon" here, merely my preferences.

Gian

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com