Re: Re: Orlanth and the Moon

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:55:36 +0200

Roderick :

> > I often forget this basic rule about HW: discover it
> > in your gameworld. I think this is THE Strength of
> > Glorantha vs many other games. Ever.
> >
> > But this meta-rule is not so intuitive as one might
> > think in theory.
>
> It *is* mentioned in the HQ draft (and I'm going to petition Greg to
> make it *more* prominent).

Oh, please do !!

Readers really, really need to know that Their Glorantha Should Vary, and they should have explicit explanations about normality vs. the exceptionality of all player heroes. Beginning narrators and players need good advice on which rules should or shouldn't be broken, why and why not.

Not all readers get involved in discussions with Greg on this or other lists, and I definitely think that readers need to know that this isn't D&D, and everything isn't carved in stone.

HQ needs IMO a mini-chapter or prominent large box about YGMV, and how much fun that is ... ;-)

Julian Lord