Re: Storm Village while Orlanth is Dead(TM)

From: montclaris <r.sapin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 23:27:03 -0000

I disagree with this. First IMG Heortlings go to the Other Side by leading ceremonies that emulate Orlanth's virtues and deeds thus creating a mythical connexion between mundane and god's world. The link between the myths and where they took place on the Other Side is exclusive to my mind. It's to say that Orlanth's ceremony take the worshipper's to the Storm Stead and Doburdun's ceremony take them to... another place. Second, i would state that when Orlanth is Dead, the Storm Realm is "locked" on Chaos Age (see TR p.139 for details). It doesn't exist in any other way. So there should be only one way to go the Other Side for any Orlanthi during this time : emulate him which means to die. Then you would really join him in the Underworld -  Hope you know how to get out from there :)

Cheers,
Remi