Elf Cricket?

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:12:17 +0300

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> The tricky thing is to formulate
> a game that's a usable parody of cricket (just as Trollball was a
> parody of football) and here I'm stumped.

It's a very hazy memory, but wasn't there a writeup somewhere in the '80s (in White Dwarf?) for a version of Cricket in Glorantha played by Aldryami? I may be wrong, but it comes to mind. Don't know if it was a *good* parody -- as with most of us Yankees, I saw "Cricket," realized it wasn't about a giant killer grasshopper or something similarly interesting, and turned the page.

'Course, being a *Northern* North American, what I really want to see is a good hockey parody. Ah... trollball in Bozkatang's Land... that's the ticket! <grin>

Cheers,

James