re: The First Battle of Chaos

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:05:38 -0000

Nick's overall description is wonderful, But I'd object to calling the Lunars a "terrorist Empire". First, I think it's wrong, second, there's a lot of emotional baggage around that term right now. Frankly, when post Sept 11 I read about Starbrow (some passage about how all she wants to do is kill as many Lunars as possible) it puts a whole new spin on the Orlanthi "Freedom Fighters". Has anybody else felt the same way?

As an aside, in our non-HW Glorantha Campaign I'm running a Carmanian Knight who was *AT* the Battle. (He also personally knew Yanafal and tells drinking stories about him). After the Battle he fled in terror, somehow ended up in a Time Warp, at our non-Canonical Bikhy where such things happen. He has returned in the present, and, in between muttering about Lunar Witches, has discovered that his greatgreat... great-niece is one, his House has accepted the Lunar Way (some grudgingly), etc. etc. It's been fun.