Re: How do we do this now?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:22:31 -0000

> Unless of course the concealed Orlanthi worshippers belonged
> to a rival clan. One could even copy from the Afghans and
> just tell the Lunars that you discovered that the rival clan
> are concealed Orlanth worshippers.

Yes....but couldn't they use magic to check? As far as I read Thunder Rebels, wyters and ancestor daimons can surely tell whether or not people are acting properly and are quick to exact retribution if they are not. And true converts to Lunar cult, such as the current Colymar King might know how to find the true alligeance of his people. (In Japan during the Warring States period, many Christians died for refusing to tread on icons of Mary or Christ...)

Like the Lismelder who fought with the Whitewall Heortlanders against the Lunars, maybe they are subtly punished later. How keenly can gods see the balance of their people's material needs and spiritual sincerity in times of emergency?

Perhaps such difficult questions should be resolved by Narrators individually, but maybe there is a more subtle way than Tatius' method of choking Orlanth.

TI

[This message has been edited]