Re: Re: Battle Magic Gone Bad

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:23:41 +0000

In article <20021124192617.4672.qmail_at_...>, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> writes
>Kevin Blackburn writes:
>
>> Consider the Vingan Feat "Mile Javelin Throw" - now consider in a battle
>> the Javelin component of the battle array, where you put the berserks
>> and kin. It's mythically linked with a Javelin in all sorts ways. So can
>> you "chuck" it at the enemy with this feat? Give or take the modifiers
>> for the numbers "thrown" (what's a couple of masteries between
>> friends?), does it work as a near teleport for an entire military unit?
>
>Have you considered the penalties for multiple targets?

Yes - there's unlikely to be more than 100 warriors in the Javelin (I hope!) so that's the two masteries I mentioned. Further, this seems the sort of thing you might well do as a prepared ritual, ready to go off at the right moment. So if you equip each warrior with a javelin, and things like that they might claw back some of that. Further, you can probably appeal to "community" support for the 100 (they are unlikely to unwillingly) and all sorts of other frightening (for a GM) things.

I would probably resort to the "Yes, they get thrown one mile, not an inch more, not an inch less." piece of misery.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...