Re: Re: Playing Powerful Characters

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:28:26 +0000

>For comparison, tbe longest gaming campaign I have ever been in ran to
>about 35 sessions, and the longest I've ever succeeded in running was
>about 30. So being 'restricted' to 50 ain't going to worry me :-)

Worries the heck out of me, but then I'm already well past 50 sessions. I'd advise anyone hoping for a long campaign to throw in a house rule of '1hp for each mastery in a skill'. That'll get you to 1W2 and being a mover and shaker pretty quick, but stop you reaching the point where only Orlanth and Rufelza themselves are a challenge. Wish I had placed that rule from the start. Instead, we opted for a voluntary 10W3 ceiling (unless you heroquest for better) which I don't like, but the players feel is fairer.

It isn't the W3 and W4 characters that worry me, its the W6 and W7 that I could have in a couple of years time...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson