Limiting HPs?

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:37:03 EST

Mark replied:
> 4 to 8 hp a session my god please speak to my gm as he is tight and we

> normally only get 1 to 3 hero points
> For fantastic bravery and outstanding comic content and 50 sessions real
> time that's about 4 years for our band of merry retards
> Borin Blackpaw

Well that is plainly how the narrator feels comfortable in dealing with the game, but I would point out that were I playing I would be objecting to this as the rules quite clearly state otherwise for a normal game. If you all agreed from day one to be in a tight game then so be it, but if there are players in the group who want more then this will create friction. I've been in games where the narrator artificially slowed the rate of gain and it was not well received. Usually such games broke up over personality clashes. That is of course unless the campaign concept was reached with a group concensus.

It doesn't sound like you are to happy with it.

As for playing 50+ sessions, the Gwandor campaign started in sept 1999. We're in our 4th year of play and the first 40 sessions or so were pretty much one a week, since I started shift work this has slowed greatly. My job requires most weekends to be worked so I frequently only play 2-3 weekends in 2 months. At the current rate, I expect the campaign to close at around Session 200 or so and it to take another 6 years real time.

The saga on Wesley's site is already standing at around 400,000 words and I think we should hit 1million words by the time it is done.

The idea is that when we are all old and infirm we can look back on the epic 10 year campaign and then beat each other over our heads with a bed pan for wasting our youth rolling dice instead of being off yachting, skiing, shagging bond girsl and generally living the playboy lifestyle we all deserve...

Martin Laurie