Re: Dragonslaying

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:49:33 -0800

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> << But let me ask you, if you introduce a young new Orvanshagor devotee
> into the game with his best abilities at 5w and 1w, has that character
> really fought a dragon in the past, during initiation, holy days, and so on?
> He's got magic pointed directly against dragons and presumably dragonewts,
> but even a wyvern in Hero Wars has a fighting ability at 10w3 as a default.
> Can you just say, well, he pummeled a few lesser dragons before play
> begins? >>

I would say yes, he has. There are 3 levels to hero questing:

  1. You are part of the faceless mob that accompanies the gods. You return having learned a feat/affinity.
  2. You are one of the leading followers of the gods. You return having learned a more powerful ability.
  3. You are the god. You do the thing. You gain the big power.

IMO every initiate/devotee does a level 1 hq to learn the affinities of his god. You new Arvanshagor devotee did hq to Three-Dragon-Fall and was a spearman in Alakoring's warband. He flew with Alakoring and saw how the hero slew the Diamond Storm Dragon. He helped his god by being there.

&#92;&#92;/