Re: Re: Spending HPs on bumps

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:01:50 +1100

> > How many points do your characters have to spend on bumping?

I'm sure this varies a lot, being dependent on campaign style and GM 'aggressiveness'.

In the Prax/Orlanthi IRC campaign where its presently my turn to GM, its almost exactly 50%. Interestingly, I usually give half HPs as pool and half to successful/unsuccessful skills. So most characters burn an average of 2 bumps per session.

Our frontline Dundealos humakti seems to burn the most, yet maintains a terrifyingly rapid climb on his CC ability. At the other extreme, my own carin' sharin' big-girls-don't-cry Vingan rarely bumps anything, which means she has an embarrassment of HPs in store. I haven't spend them because she already seems to be one of the more powerful characters - not in the humakti's class, but certainly in the front line of the other warriors. (I've commented the relative power of vingan affinities in the past).

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

On the twelfth play of trollball, the giant referee Kicked twelve Sons of Karg,
'Leven Umbar mindlinks,
Ten gi-ant maggots,
Nine spi-der masters,
Eight jars of Powzie,