Re: Digest Number 140

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 21:44:37 -0000

> Just to clarify, I am not saying that Turos is not a farmer god.
> I am saying that he isn't *just* a farmer god - at least not in
> Lunar Pelanda.

But in Carmania, because he is a farmer god, his worship will be restricted to the farmer caste. Western Caste Laws, see.

> Speaking of the High Gods, one point I am still confused about
> (among many) is the traditional pelandan Idovanus and Dendara
> roles.

Equivalent to Antirius and Dendara in Dara Happa if that helps you any. Order should be seen in the sense of "Righteous Order from Above" and Virtue is the feminine sense of it. I do know of a distorted reference where Daxadarius sacrificed to him for victory in battle.

> There also seems to be some kind of connection in
> pelandan/wendarian myth between Turos and Idovanus, but
> I am not very clear on what the relationship is.

There isn't much of a meaningful one AFAIK.

--Peter Metcalfe