Re: Humakti numbers

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:22:39 +0000

>O.K., let's consider the Lismelder Greydog clan, which is largely
>Humakti and defends the other clans against Delecti. That part makes
>some sense, and I can imagine other clans giving them food etc.

The Greydogs, I believe, have less than 50 humakti. Certainly true in my Glorantha, and is the impression I get from my reading of Tales.

>But this clan is presumably taking heavy losses in battle. And they
>don't come back. And, being Humakti, they aren't very fertile.
>Sending lots of worship to fertility Gods to compensate just makes
>them bad Humakti IMO.

I don't see this. Humakti are mainly going to be initiates, who will be a bit less fertile on average, but not significantly. I reckon secret option three (humakti father the babies, and the women concentrate on baby making ritual magic to compensate for their husbands' shortcomings) is the answer here...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson