Re:Humakt v Vinga

From: Peter Tracy <bachelornewtling_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:31:58 +1100

>OMG. Humakht is "pragmatic"? And John has them treat Vingan
>women "warriors" as equals! Which, IMO, is the fundamental reason
>the cults just will not get along - Humakti WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYBODY
>AS FIGHTING EQUALS, and that's exactly what Vingans want. Look at
>the real world - hard core special forces military types vs. woman's
>libbers.

Nah,

Vingan want to be seen as equal to men (ie Vingas Brothers) at any task. Fighting is only part of it... she can out-fly, out-sling, out-sing, out-dance, out-wrestle, out-throw, out-bellow, out-boast and out-drink any of them. Vingans are living the life or Orlanth.

Humakt WOULD respect Vingans because of their decions on how to live, for their conviction, tenacity and bravery. While a Humakti is a great killer. A Vingan is good at everything. A Humakti lives life by a code, and operates within that code. A Vingan's code is to do something to prove it can be done (by a woman). Any Humakti knows no Orlanthi cant match him in a fight... but Humakt respects the leadership and responsibility of Orlanth, Olranth can do things Humakt cannot. He respects that. Vinga has a role, Humakti would have to respect that.

BTW don't ever confuse respect with liking. I don't think even a Humakti would like a Humakti, and Vingans are so damned positive and energetic they get on your nerves... always race ya to the pond.... lets see who can throw the furthest... lets see who can overthrow Furthest... you know the deal.

Pete