Re: Re: Are Gloranthans Human?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:55:17 +1300

At 10:59 PM 12/23/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Although Gloranthans are modelled after humans in a physical sense I
>cant imagine they are comparable on a mnetal level. Primarily
>because they KNOW the Gods EXIST!

So did most Europeans before modern times. Religious doubt was then centred on whether one was living up to God's standards, not whether God did not exist or not.

>In a culture where you are presented with evidence of your god on a
>nearly daily basis, REAL evidence, then your mind set would be
>drastically different.

No, it wouldn't. Medieval Europeans could point to the Bible as real evidence of their god while Muslims could point to the Qu'ran. That fact that it would not convince us now is neither here or there.

To illustrate my point another way: the Gloranthan mystics say that all reality (including the Gods) is an illusion yet the Gloranthan theists still believe their Gods are real. Do the Theists still know that their gods are real?

--Peter Metcalfe