Re: Stern rudder

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:30:01 +1300

Nils:

>DD > (The big technology that doesn't exist in Glorantha is the stern
> > rudder. No ship has anything better than a steering oar.)
>
>Are you sure? I have always envisioned Haragalan tallships
>(and a few other "advanced" East Isles ships) with stern
>rudders.

Checking my archives on the topic, the issue was whether the Jrusteli had stern rudders and Greg felt passionately that they would have used magic (i.e. undine control) instead.

I don't think there's anything to suggest that stern rudders do not exist in modern glorantha but I think the best way to handle it would be to make them rare and/or magical.

--Peter Metcalfe