Re: GloranthaCon Video

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...> <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:05:13 -0000

There's still a chance I won't be there, but if I do make it I'll be sure to bring my video camera. If anyone else has digital vid cameras, we could potentially set up the classic "three camera" layout used in virtually all live, small stage TV productions since I Love Lucy.

I also have the equipment to do non-linear editing after the fact.

Anyone else going who has a mini-DV or Firewire/iLink enabled camera? Also, one of the major failings of most amateur video productions is SOUND. Video cameras aren't very good at getting conversations in large rooms full of people. Extension or directional mics are crucial.

Granted, the example below is of a radically different topic, recorded in poor light conditions with a single static camera, and placed on the web at an unfortunately low quality, but here's an example of what I'm doing:

http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson/iMovieTheater16.html (warning --semi-explict lyrics)

of course, Greg won't need a Warren Zevon audio score.

Mike
http://differentgames.onestop.net