Re: Normal Transmission Resumed

From: Peter Tracy <bachelornewtling_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:22:33 +1100

>From: "John Hughes" <nysalor_at_...>
>Subject: Normal Transmission Resumed

Good that your OK John, I was a bit concerned when you hadn't answered things.
But then my ISP has been problematic here in Vic, I keep bouncing of certain ISP's, something to do with our DSL/Firewall setup.

>Power and phone was restored to our house yesterday. Our ISP was out for
>part of the week, and I know that a number of emails were lost. If you have
>harranged, demanded, threatened or otherwise implored me in the last week
>and I haven't replied, please send again.

How too the situation with water and sewerage in your street? How long before everything is up an running? I couldn't imagine a more horrible situation for an Australian.

I have noticed one 'up' element I've found in the horrible situation in Canberra.
For those who don't know, this weekend is also a big roleplaying weekend in Australia, with ArcanaCon in Vctoria, and CanCon in Canberra. The CanCon venue was in a part of the city largely unphased by the fires, though there was concern amoung Victorian punters heading up that the venue would be swung over to emergency relief. The Game... it seems, goes on. No one, not even god, can presume to stop a gamer convention.

BTW John, if you know any reputable fire relief funds for the Canberra, New South
Wales or Victoria fires, I'm sure people would like to know.

Wish you luck.

Sincerely.

Pete