Re: Re: Of Garhounds and Punning Myths

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:16:47 +0000 (GMT)

> Trying to remember Dorasar's family background
> without
> having KoS with me in work, and failing...
>
> Grandson of Sartar, son of Eonistaran the Sage.
> Otherwise little is known (at least in KoS)...

Ah, thanks. Googling Eonistaran...

Temertain was "the son of Markalor, son of Jotisan of Karse, the son of Eonistaran the Sage"

So it looks like Dorasar has a brother who is "of Karse".

Eonistaran's mother was called Enent: it seems unlikely that Sartar actually married her. So she and her clan would have kept the kid...

It's beginning to look as if the entire family, including Dorasar's mother and therefore his maternal cousins, are from the Karse area, not Sartar at all. Dorasar himself seems to have spent enough time in Sartar to be friends with his cousins there, but the Garhounds, complete with funny titles and Hound guardian spirits, look like they're Karse-ite.

I don't know if this helps at all? Would Karse-ites be more likely to have Hounds as guardian spirits?

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com