Re: Lunar candy??? / The Redline History

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:15:39 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...> wrote:

> > Are you referring to Salmiakki? (Turkish pepper?)
>
> More likely he means the familiar old "Turkish Delight"... which I
> haven't been able to view in the same light since a friend suggested
> C.S. Lewis used it as a metaphor for masturbation in "The Lion, the
> Witch and the Wardrobe".

*smile* What a strange fellow.

> NB: I pass this on purely in order to corrupt your minds and ruin
> your appetites. I agree it has sod all to do with Hero Wars (apart
> from the Onalingi connection), but then again, nor did the parent.
>
> Cheers, Nick

In a desperate bid to get at least peripherally back on topic, I just assembled an "Introduction to the Empire" booklet to a new gamer (I ran out of patience regarding the new lunar book).

And what did I find! The splended redline history seems to have been updated and polished a lot since I last looked there (or else I'm just losing my mind again). Who'd a thunk it! Tucked away in that obscure corner of the glorantha site.

In case there are some people here that have never found this valuable resourse, here's the link. It makes it easier to wait for the new material:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/hle-0wane.html

The discs of the goddess are especially atmospheric.

My thanks and sincere admiration for everybody involved.

        -Adept