RE: Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:08:28 +0000 (GMT)

> >Now, whether or griffons are allowed prey, or
> allowed only to certain
> >people, or not allowed at all I have no idea,...

> >And
> >griffons are rare and tough to hunt, so all in all
> I expect that they
> >are seldom hunted, but that it happens.

Wasn't it Larry Niven who came up wth an intersting variation: the Bandersnatchi, I think?

Yes, it is legal to hunt griffons: if you have a licence. Licences are issued by the griffons. It's their main source of income. And, as you say, griffons are tough. Of course, you're only allowed to hunt the adult males: and they quite enjoy the game.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com