RE: Vingan initiation

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:27:36 +0100

Hi All,

On Friday, October 13, 2000 3:46 PM, Thom Baguley [SMTP:t.s.baguley_at_...] wrote:
> > From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_...>
> >Subject: RE: Scenario idea
> >

> The culmination of (this) initiation involves the applicant facing a ritual
> enemy alone. I interpret this (at that part of the ritual only) as
> indicating she is on the Hero Plane and the rest are providing
> extraordinary support.
>
> Thom

As I wrote the myth, I can categorically say that Thom is right. Once the initiate has been armed and walks out of the temple/ritual ground alone to face her destiny, she is entering the Other Side.

That's exactly how I ran it when I used it in my game. The PC in question ended up fighting Yelmalio at the Hill of Gold. Would have been a very tough fight, too, if "Yelmalio" hadn't fumbled his rolls for each of the first three rounds of the Extended Contest.

Regards,

Bruce