Re: Seven Storms and Four Fighting Storms

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:18:03 +1300

Hallier Wilfried wrote:

>My questions come from the short paragraph 'The Seven Winds' TR p241
>- Could somebody light me on The 'Four Fighting Storms' ?

	The Four Storms are also called the Fighting Storms.  They are
	the fighting gods, the weapon bearers who defeand Orlanth with
	their lives.  He bore them in his fight against Sh'hakarzeel,
	against Aroka, and in every other important battle.  Most
	stories list them as follows:

	Swordthane on the right, flashing Finovan the Great Attacker
	Shieldthane on the left, mighty helemakt the Great Defender
	Spearboy behind, dauntless Hedkorath the Hurler
	Backboy watching over all, Enderala the Supporter

			Thunder Rebels p169

>- Could somebody explain me on The 'Seven Storms' ?

>From the section on Dragon Pass weather (TR p121 onwards), five
appear to be:

	Ohorlanth, Thunder Storm
	The Heler Storm
	The Defender Storm, Vinga
	The Valind Storm
	Orlanth

The remaining two look like Urox and Kolat. But given that Thunder Rebels p27 (which you point out) has a different list, I think it varies from tribe to tribe like the tribal councils.

--Peter Metcalfe

---