Re: newbie to Hero Wars

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:14:58 +0000

>* Are there Hero Wars "translations" about for Apple Lane,
> SnakePipe Hollow, Borderlands, Griffin Mountain, and other RQ2
> campaign/adventure stuff?

Those which have been done are at :

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenarios.html

Others are supposedly being done, but have been being done for so long now that I'm dubious of ever seeing them...

> I don't mind doing the work myself, but it would seem silly for
> me to do it if someone has already gone to the trouble and made
> it available on the 'net somewhere.

If you do convert any of the others, please pass them on to Issaries (via me, if you wish) so that we can all share the fruits of your labours.

>* Are there any guidelines about for how best to approach the
> translation issue? Given the way the two systems work, I can
> see that a direct, predictable mechanic of translation from
> RQ2/3 to HW is probably not possible, but has anyone settled on
> some good, general rules of thumb that have been publicized?

Best advice I've seen is to describe the character, in 100 words or as little over as possible, then use the normal rules to create HW characters. If you want more 'advanced' characters, assign some extra points to the abilities that seem most appropriate.

Seems a reasonable assumption, although more rulesy questions might belong on the hw-rules list. See http://www.gloranthadigest.com/mail_list_faq.html if you need help...

>Thanks for your patience in answering questions that I'm sure
>have been asked and answered before.

Well, part of the original point of this list was to ask the newbie questions - so you are very welcome.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson