re: Zany bagpipes and Feminism

From: MorganConrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:08:04 -0000

Martin writes:

"I've always considered all the cults to be intellectual exercises in world building and only minimally influenced by anachronist modern practices, politics or societal structures."

What have you been smoking? The Heortlings are always "freedom fighters against the oppressive evil empire", heroes right out of some movie like Braveheart or Spartacus. And they are sexually liberated, some wet dream from the late-1960s, unlike their repressive Dara Happan (but not all Lunars) opponents.

One of our players tried to play a powerful Yelmi / Dara Happan, he gave up, it was just impossible to roleplay. Take away the femalecentric  liberation aspect of Lunar mythology, and the whole Empire can easily become just a corrupt oppressive clique of MCPs.