Plummeting Helerites?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:18:38 -0000

Something had always bothered me about the Helerite cloud feats, and it just came to me what it was.

Well, first a word of why I was thinking about it. In a long response to recent threads that I didn't post, I talked about how thanks to Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe you could play so many different groups and styles, and one I quipped about was a group of Helerite cloud-rider raiders. After writing that, my mind being the undisciplined place that it is, I started thinking about how such a group would work.

THEN the problems with the feats finally became clear to me. Helerites can walk on clouds, and they can walk up to clouds.....but how do they get back DOWN?

Much like the kitten we once had who kept getting stuck in trees, I could see young helerite devotees getting stuck on clouds. With luck a Vangath devotee would fly them down. If not, they can stay up there and hope the cloud bumps into a mountain so they can get off....but who knows where that would be, it could be the far side of the wastes! Of course, that is a long time to stay awake, does their magic work when they sleep, and what about if they lie down? Not to mention if the cloud just dispersed before any of the above happened. I can just see the young devotee praying "Please stop raining, don't wear the cloud out. Maybe if I pee on it it will restock  it?" Meanwhile, much like the cartoon ice flow breaking up, the cloud is getting smaller and smaller, and he is is perched on this final whisp before

!
!
!

*THUMP* "Darn it Rana, we got Helerite all over the Rutabagas again."