Re: Orlanthi initiation rites

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:18:52 -0800

Julian

> > > I don't really think you should run it as a real scenario.
>>
>> OK. Why do you think this?
>
>Because InitiationQuests are like vortices or Black Holes,
>sucking everything else worth playing into a destructive
>psychodramatic void.

I don't know if I'd go that far (and I've played and run them), but I do concur that they're not as wonderful as they sound, and would likely be a bad way to introduce players.

In Glorantha, it's your way to come to grips with the reality of something you've seen all your life. Sure, you'll see lots of things you'll never see before. But you already know that all men worship Orlanth and all women worship Ernalda. Even as a kid, you have a fair grasp of the culture, which a new player never would.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html