RE: Old World is Over

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:21:28 -0800

Friends,

>From: "BEThexton" <bethexton_at_...>
>supplements were so popular, and why some people
>don't like the Hero
>Wars. The Hero Wars.

Interesting point, Bryan.
Good insight.

>I know when I first read RQ3, I was really annoyed
>by the all the
>hints of an upcoming cataclysm. I wanted a nice
>stable environment
>to adventure in, where the world wasn't changing,
>where life wasn't
>too bad for most folks and was pretty sweet for
>succesful
>adventurers.

We are considering having a second setting campaign where stability is more of the rule than the exception, as in the Hero Wars. We will just have to see what the market (and contributions) bear.

>Why play somewhere where, despite all
>your success, you
>could just get swept along in the tidal wave of
>history? It would be
>like playing an aristocrat in a game set in
>pre-revolutionary France,
>you just know what you've worked for will be swept
>away.

>Personally I'm a builder, I get great
>satisfaction out of my
>characters building something (not literally an
>object, I'm talking
>systems, communities, etc. for the most part) that
>will make life
>better

Well, this is the point of HQ.
There will be a world left over, and as a player character, you will have the chance to shape it. THAT IS THE POINT of playing in the Hero Wars: you get to shape what comes afterwards. It is the purpose of the last half of the standard Hero Band slogan"...and x x x."