Re: Re: Apple Lane

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:24:13 +0000 (GMT)

> > Pinfeather the duck who participated in the raid
> on
> > Gringle's Pawnshop later makes an appearance in
> Borderlands.
> > Since that is set in 1614 or so, I assume that
> Apple
> > Lane is set around 1613 and probably before
> Starbrow's campaign.
> >
> Pinfeather & Gringle moved to Apple Lane 37 years
> ago (according to
> Apple Lane) in the only internal date I could find
> on a quick scan.
> Not sure whether this helps at all mind you...

So that bit of weirdness has been there quite a long time. Can we tie it to a reason why Gringle would have arrived then? 37 years before 1612-ish is around 1575. Checking the timeline on the Glorantha site, that's the year Tarkalor married the Feathered Horse Queen.

At this point my imagination either blanks out or hits the magic mushrooms...

Do we have any idea what contests or challenges Tarkalor had to win to get the FHQ? Is it remotely possible that Gringle's arrival and seting up of a pawn shop was the answer to one of them? The House of Sartar was founded by a Hero of Issaries, after all, and Tarkalor wasn't exactly the Issaries type, so he'd have to delegate. If there was a "prove how good you are in bed" challenge as well, founding a Uleria temple might also make sense. And given the Grazer link, I can see why you might have some excessively good horsemen based in the same place.

What other weirdnesses do we have to explain? A tin roof? What's the mythic significance of tin?

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com