Re: Clarity to the metals and elements

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 05:10:46 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, John Hughes wrote:

> As someone who is constantly working on the 'look' of Glorantha (through my
> Poser modelling and artwork
> (http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/poser.html))
>
> I must say that these 'meagre scholarly aspirations' work fine for me, to
> the extent I'd like to make them up into a table and put them on the web, if
> that's okay with you.

Gosh! Uh... I mean. I'd be delighted. :)

That was all written from memory. I can present my case a lot better if you'll give me a day or two to write it up as a proper article.

Some private mail parhaps?

> One of the advantages of 3D modelling is that you can subtly vary the
> appearance of metal finishes. Thus my Orlanthi metals tend to have a faint
> bluish sheen, Lunars Red, DarraHaps Yellow. The one exception is the gametal
> bronze I use for Sartarite figures, which is a deep red bronze, undoubtedly
> because of Earth affiliations.

Incidentally I use a rich (sort of saffron) orange as the royal color of Sartar. From the gaming board of the Dragon Pass boardgame, of course.

        -Adept