Re: disappointed

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:13:00 -0000

> And you have to wait more than 1 year to play the "official" future
> of the battle of iceland

I will make a quick point here, because again I have thought about this a bit. What do you do after the Battle of Iceland.

Remember first that the Battle of Iceland is in 1622, but the Dragonrise is in 1625. That gives you at least a couple of safe years to play through. From what I have seen of them, adventures that allow players to participate in the build up for the Dragonrise are not timing dependent so provided you do not advance your game too far these years are prefect for advancing your players struggles against the Empire. AFAIK, II sceanrio plans for the Sartar Rising campaign will not cover major events occurring in Esrolia in this period (or elsewhere outside Sartar) so they are ideal areas for narrators to send their players and have a relatively free hand.

Have a look at what Martin Laurie did armed with a copy of King of Sartar in the Gwandor campaign on Wesley's site http://www.celticwebs. com/glorantha/

Personally I am hoping I can interest the players in adventures in Esrolia, in particular the Battle of Milran or facing the chaos hordes emerging from the Print.

Theother alternative is to suspend your Sartar campaign at a certain point and play something set in the Empire using ILH