Suggestions for Apple Lane

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:06:32 +1200

Rather than construct a history for Apple Lane in which Big Things happen, I think
it far more worthwhile to have Apple Lane as a place where minor witnesses to Big Things happened can be found. Their involvement should be modest.

For example, the two retired Humakti could be survivors from the Household of Death. They didn't die at boldhome because they were dispersed during an attempt to invade Tarsh and failed to link up with their comrades.

They can still have big important things (Gringle's got some weird stuff in his closet) but the story of how they came to have them should be low-brow. The best example I can think of is how Great Chief Vitalstatistix came to have Vercingetorix's shield - he didn't steal it in battle but got it in safekeeping
from an innkeeper who got it from a drunk centurion etc.

--Peter Metcalfe