Re: Suggestions for Apple Lane

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:39:08 +0000 (GMT)

> Rather than construct a history for Apple Lane in
> which Big Things happen, I think
> it far more worthwhile to have Apple Lane as a place
> where minor witnesses to
> Big Things happened can be found. Their involvement
> should be modest.

Good idea. So we have "Tarkalor dropped in here once (and put the roof on the Inn)" not "Tarkalor lived here for ten years in a Big Palace".

After all, as those of us who live in civilised countries know, having a couple of thousand years of history, much of it still in use, and two or three links with celebrities during that period is normal for any small village. (Americans, please take note!)

(Apple Lane? Normal? What am I saying??)

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com