Re: No spell lists

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:18:41 -0000

> Coincidentally, Trotsky recently showed me a copy of the Buffy The
> Vampire Slayer RPG, which seems to be targeted at people new to
RPGs.
> The magic system takes the same approach: there are no spell lists
at
> all, ALL spells are made up by the player of a magician.

Of course, as soon as that book hit the shelves, dozens of detailed spell lists were created detailing hundreds of spells, which were downloaded and used by the majority of players, most of whom will be glad to get the more detailed and player-friendly rules to be included in 'The Magic Box' suppliment. It was the newcomers to RPGs who wanted the lists, they wanted details of how to do 'spell X from episode Y'.

Wulf