Re: Re: disappointed

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:34:27 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, me1stra wrote:

<snip>
> > You are not being entirely fair on that point Nick. Kerofinela is a
> nice
> > and poetic name, and I bet it will interest many people.
>
> I can't help but think that you're biased though, Mikko, since
> Kerofinela just sounds so darned finnish!! ;-)

 =D *LOL* I suppose you are right in it sounding finnish. Karjala, Pohjola... the la suffix in finnish does pretty much mean "land of". Then again, it has always been how Gloranthan places are named too. Kethaela, Jerustela and so forth.

Kerofinela doesn't sound entirely finnish to a finn though. Possibly hungarian or so... :) it sounds pretty exotic to me. Easy to pronounce, I admit.

> Maybe that's a good
> thing, though, as I know the game is extremely popular in Finland.

I'd certainly hope so. Glorantha has always gone strong here. RQ was one of the earliest translated games.

> Could the name be a good marketing strategy after all?

*laughing again* :)
  -
> Melanie
> (Who does agree it's a poetic name but suspects the 'dragon pass'
> part needs to be in there somewhere if only as a subtitle, for the
> sake of recognition.)

I agree. On a smaller font or something of the like.

        -Adept