RE: Re: disappointed

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:11:38 -0000

Mikko suggests:

>> (Who does agree it's a poetic name but suspects the 'dragon pass'
>> part needs to be in there somewhere if only as a subtitle, for the
>> sake of recognition.)

> I agree. On a smaller font or something of the like.

OK, here's my Cunning Plan. (Don't worry, Mark, I'll tear up the card).

Call the book "Kerofinela", but write that title in an illegible runic scrawl, a la HeroQuest (http://www.glorantha.com/graphics/hw_logo.gif)

Then give it a *meaningful*, *marketable* subtitle (e.g. "An Atlas of Dragon Pass"), but write that "proper" name in large, easily legible letters, perhaps superimposed atop the silly made-up word in its illegible runic scrawl.

Best of both worlds? Hope so!

Mikko, my objection is that the name "Kerofinela" means absolutely *nothing* to old-time RuneQuesters, who might nevertheless *love* to buy a proper "Atlas of Dragon Pass". If we don't call it that, would they know they want to buy it?

I worry, too, in case anyone who'd have been looking out for a new "Gloranthan Bestiary," "Creatures of Glorantha," etc. had no idea what "Anaxial's Rooster" was all about and missed the boat (pun intended). Maybe I worry too much... like you suggest, old age and innate crankiness probably have something to do with it.

Cheers, Nick