Re: Re: new character creation

From: Ralzakark <dorastor_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:05:16 +0100

> > I feel that the 100word thing only works on reasonably heroic
> heroes who have
> > a few tales to tell. I certainly wouldn't use 100words for a
> Heortling not
> > adult as they really haven't got a story to back them up.

I like the 100 Words-Method, and please note that german is a Language which needs often more Words to describe something. And i like to remember the claim of the Rules: Your Heroes are not the ordinary Guy of his Folk, and have some Fame to get over minor Troubles. But his work when you like the "cinematic"-play. Well, this is for me Difference between HW or the "Epic-Gloranthan-Play" between the Stereotypical Fantasy-Party who cross across the Planet and go in every Tavern to meet the rich Merchant with the typical "lost my daughter in the 4 Level deep Dungeon behind my Shoptent on the Market".
Give the Players Heroes who make a Difference to the Rest. They are not the typical First-Level-Character, and nobody cares for them.

Like the typical Warcray on the back of some books "They are good, they will be better as the Rest of their Clan/Folk! They are doomed for great Events" or so.

This is a Question of Gamestyle. But for Newbies and to find new Players I guess this is the right way.

By

   Karsten