Re: Common magic for Heortlings?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:32:30 -0800

Jeff

> Common magic for the Heortlings are talents and they come from Flesh
> Man (who is sorta 'every-guy') There does not seem to be a 'Common
> Religion' for the Heortlings but they seem to have a much more
> religious take on life than many of the other cultures.

I think the question was probably: what should players take? The answer is, from what I understand: anything they want. The lists in the books are suggestions.

That said, Viktor is probably looking for the suggestions (and his novice players surely are). First, it should be something that can be used to augment. Second, the Heortling draft lists Attack Enemy Spirit, Climb over Hill and Dale, Conceal Object, Gesture to Ward Off Magic, Heal Flesh, Hide in Cover, HIde in the Open, Jump Safely, Light, Make Fire, Protect from Ancestor, Stay Warm, Talk to Ancestor, Throwing Stick. (I don't consider all of these to be terribly useful as augments, but most are). Once again, this list (which I share in the spirit of Greg's comments) is not an exclusive list!

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>