Re: Re: Mailing lists

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:38:37 +0100 (BST)

> but for me, the main problem with the GD is the
> amount of information
> thats not relevant to my game. Wading through lots
> of material that
> your not interested in is not fun.

I'd agree with this, though would note that being able to skip individual messages would lessen the problem.

> I am only really interested in the Dragon pass
> region. The GD is
> filled with discussions about areas i, and i think
> most others, never
> play in. For me these are mostly noise
>
> Whats needed are mailing lists catering for specific
> regions, such as
> a Manirian/Dragon Pass Digest, a West Digest, etc.

I'd vaguely considered this, then thought that a list whose defined subject matter is "only subjects I'm interested in" was perhaps a little selfish. But if enough of us have the same limits of interest, perhaps not.

I play in Dragon Pass, Prax, and Sun County, plus potentially any other areas Orlanthi have spread to. My response to Mysticism, Sorcery, the West and so on, in-game or out, is "burn them!"

How would we divide the areas? I suspect my list above (being those areas that had RQ3 products set there!) is perhaps not all that uncommon. Two lists, one for that sort of grouping, plus one for "the rest"?

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer