Re: Revenge of the Lycra Barbarian (boxtop)

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:25:14 +1000

> > Can't say that I like the art myself. Reminds me of the HeroWars art,
which
> > I didn't like either. I suppose it's meant to be Orlanth vs the Red
> > Goddess. "Orlanth's" costume just doesn't work for me. It just doesn't
> > appear to have any "Flavour", unless it's "Disco Glorantha".

What's this? Dissension about the lycra-clad barbarian with the oh-so-appropriate shield? Surely not! :)

Not to put too-fine a point on it, but the box HW artwork seems primarily derived from a couple of 3-D figures, probably done up in Poser and then the render worked over with some airbrushing/oil work and Photoshop effects. And the base models haven't been thought through... or suitable 3D props just were too hard to come by in the half hour or so allotted for the project.

(I should know, I've done enough silly Gloranthan 3D models myself, also in Poser... Including a 'tribute' to the original (On Questlines).)

John
(Waxing nostalgic for the RQIII cover art, a sure sign he's about to dust off all his original Traveller booklets.)