RE: Re: Appearance of Red Moon

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:22:36 -0400

Nick said :

>>> Also, the Dark Side of the Moon has *resonance* as a concept
>>> (and a hellish heroquest destination).

>> Hmm, but how do you have a dark side if the moon does rotate?

>It's the side that doesn't glow red. It's *dark*, dammit!

Err, but then it's always changing, so it's not always dark. What do they do move all the scary stuff to keep it out of sight? Frankly that's sillier than a side we can't see.

André says:

>The part which we can´t see from the ground is also the part that gets
>directly all the light of Yelm in the day, and from the stars and planets
at
>night.
>Sounds not correct for me to call it the "dark side".

Of course it's a spiritual darkness not a real darkness. The Goddess has to keep the icky stuff out of sight from her mortal followers. The celstial types are sterner stuff so they can handle it. But every Orlanthi can tell you that there really isn't a dark side to the moon, it's all dark.

Oliver